What Does an Atlanta Traffic Attorney Do?
Hearing sirens and the blinking lights in your rearview mirror can make your heart drop. Even those who consider themselves excellent drivers can miss spotting a change in the speed limit or forget to turn their lights on.
People tend to assume traffic police officers are right and willing to accept a traffic citation for unsafe driving behavior.
The true cost of a traffic ticket can be far more than the fine amount. When you pay a traffic ticket, you plead guilty to a traffic offense that will result in penalty points on your driving record. This can lead to higher insurance rates and ultimately to your driver’s license suspension.
In Georgia, drivers can plead “not guilty” in traffic courts and fight a ticket they got for their traffic violation. That’s where help from an Atlanta traffic ticket attorney can be beneficial. They know which questions the police officer and you, what evidence to gather, and how to present it in a way that proves you don’t deserve traffic ticket charges.
To protect yourself from the consequences of a traffic conviction, get help from an experienced traffic lawyer. For a free initial consultation, call Farnsworth & Murphy LLC, in Atlanta, at 470-601-7065. We are here to protect your driver’s license and your insurance rates.
What To Do If You Have Been Charged With A Traffic Violation In Atlanta
If you receive a traffic ticket in the metro Atlanta area, you should know that it is not a simple matter to deal with. While many might believe that this type of offense is minor, the reality is that traffic violations can have serious consequences. From points on your driving record to increased insurance premiums, a ticket can quickly become a costly affair.
Fortunately, if you find yourself in such a situation, there are solutions available to help defend your rights and minimize the impact of a traffic violation on your life. Here are some steps you should take if you have been charged with a traffic violation in Atlanta:
- Take note of the details of your ticket: Make sure to take note of the date, time, and location of where you were charged with a traffic violation. These details will be necessary for your Atlanta traffic ticket defense lawyer to review.
- Contact an experienced Atlanta traffic lawyer: Traffic attorneys are well-versed in traffic law and can help you understand your rights and options. They can also represent you in court and negotiate on your behalf.
- Gather evidence: If possible, take pictures or gather other evidence that can help support your case. This could include traffic camera footage or witness statements.
- Do not pay the ticket without consulting your attorney: Paying the ticket means pleading guilty and can result in points on your driving record. Let your lawyer handle negotiations with prosecutors to reduce or dismiss charges potentially.
- Attend court if required: If your case goes to trial, make sure to attend all court dates as required by law. Your attorney will guide you through the process and represent you in court.
At Farnsworth & Murphy LLC, we understand the complexities of Georgia traffic law and know how to defend our clients against traffic violations. Our team of experienced Atlanta traffic lawyers has a proven track record of success in handling a variety of traffic violation cases, from speeding tickets to drunk driving charges. Let us fight for your rights and help you avoid the consequences of a traffic conviction.
Why You Need an Experienced Atlanta Traffic Lawyer
Navigating the legal landscape of traffic violations can be complicated. But an experienced Atlanta traffic lawyer offers invaluable assistance in various ways:
They understand the intricacies of traffic laws in Atlanta and can help you avoid penalties.
They know how to negotiate with prosecutors and get charges reduced or dismissed.
They have relationships with judges and court personnel, which can benefit your case.
They can handle court appearances on your behalf, saving you time and reducing stress.
Contact an Atlanta Traffic Ticket Lawyer for More Information
Even though some of them may seem minor, traffic ticket violations can result in expensive fines and higher car insurance rates. An experienced traffic ticket attorney may help you mitigate or even avoid consequences like these and help you not get your driver’s license suspended over a traffic ticket.
Regarding traffic offenses, Atlanta traffic lawyers know what can be at stake.
For more information on traffic offenses or a free consultation, contact our traffic ticket attorneys or complete our online contact form.